Jun 27, 2009

AT Thru-hike Update 27-06-09

My wonderful parents have volunteered to ferry me to start my hike. They arrive here in DC tomorrow. Monday morning we leave for WV so I can spend some time with my family finalize mail drops, timetable, and itinerary. As of now I have a short hike planned with my cousin Chris. A short out and back starting at Pearisburg, VA; along the AT (hike may change if I feel I can't make the cut off at Baxter). We'll do that in 2 days and then Dad (and maybe Mom we'll see if she wants to take a road trip) and I travel to GA. If all goes well I'll be on trail by 15-07-09. I'm a ball of energy. I can't keep from bouncing around and pacing, looking at maps, and constantly trying to wrap my mind around just what a thru-hike attempt is like. This is what 3 months of Clif Bars looks like.

I plan to finally finish my SpinnTex tarp tomorrow... I hope I can find time.

No comments: